- There will only be one worship service at 10am on Sunday morning.
- Masks are highly encouraged and should be worn throughout the worship service.
- Each household is asked to sit at a safe distance from others in the sanctuary, sitting in every other pew and keeping at least 6 feet between your household and others.
- There will be no children’s church or nursery care at this time.
- We ask that there be no congregating in the narthex, please proceed directly to the sanctuary. When the worship service is over, please go straight to your cars. We understand that we have not seen each other for a so long and you may wish to visit. We ask that you do that outside while practicing physical distancing.
- We will not pass anything out, which means there will be no bulletins. The new order of worship will be included with this letter and we will rely on the screen while in worship.
- Communion will be celebrated at the end of the worship service and will be done with minimal contact. The bread and juice will be in individual cups on tables at the front of the sanctuary. At the appointed time, worshipers will come down, take one cup with bread and one cup of juice, partake and dispose of the cups. Since this will be the end of the worship service, once communion is taken, you may leave the sanctuary. There will be no need to return to your seat.
- Offering trays will not be passed. There will be trays at the back of the sanctuary where offerings can be placed.
- The worship service will be shorter and require less participants to cut down on possible points of exposure. As studies are showing that congregational singing increases the risk of transmission of COVID, there will be minimal congregational singing and we ask that if you sing, you do so with a mask on.
We are aware that some are still at higher risk and will not be comfortable coming to worship in person. We will continue to offer an online option and we encourage those who are at high risk or do not wish to come to in-person worship to continue worshipping remotely. We also encourage those who might be ill or have been exposed to COVID to worship remotely.
Beginning on July 12, the worship service will be available as a live event on Facebook. After the service, that video will be available on Facebook and on the FCC website. The previous week’s worship service will air on the radio at WETB-LC 106.3. We will continue to monitor the situation and these things might change as the situation changes.
The new order of worship will be:
- Welcome Hymn
- Call to Worship
- Opening Prayer
- Children’s Moment
- Pastoral Prayer/Lord’s Prayer
- Special Music
- Hymn of Reflection
- Moment for Stewardship
- Invitation to Discipleship
- (Congregation is dismissed after they have taken Communion)